It’s been almost a year since I launched Small Camera Big Picture. When I first had the idea for the site, I embarked on a two year commitment to transform my photography. Launching SCBP for me was an exciting new adventure, but it was also a major challenge because to do so, I had to go [...]
Happy Flickr Friday! April showers have brought May flowers. We’ve had lots of colorful Spring flower photos posted in the SCBP Flickr Group this week. We’ve got another great video to share. This creative time lapse was made by Eric Flexyourhead using the diorama art filter on the Olympus E-M5. Eric Flexyourhead Micro43 – Brad ifyouseelight.com – rwthwaites [...]
I think this is the first Camera RAW update Adobe released that supports more mirrorless cameras than DSLR’s. In fact there are no DSLRs in this release only mirrorless and medium format. Cameras supported in this release Hasselblad H5D-60 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Phase One IQ260* Pentax Ricoh GR Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G6 Panasonic [...]
While on location for a hybrid advertising campaign for precision rifle maker Tracking Point in Austin, TX, Giulio Sciorio has been using the new Camtrol Sniper 1080 KS. He’s found it to be one of the best and most versatile tools for Hybrid Photography. Using the unique control points of the Camtrol rig, Giulio can use [...]
We have finally come to the end of this Hybrid Advertising Campaign for precision rifle maker Tracking Point, where I’ve been bringing daily coverage while on location with Giulio Sciorio in Austin, TX for the past couple of weeks. The experience has been good, but it’s also been very educational for me. Wrapping the filming portion [...]
In the previous articles in this series (Part One and Part Two) I have explained what I consider the benefits of using MFT cameras for hybrid nature photography, and I revealed some of my favorite MFT hardware. In this third installment I want to go through some of the other tools and accessories I use [...]
In a new act, UK government has decided to kill the copyright for all photographs online. With this exceedingly bad decision, the UK government is applying this to all photographs taken worldwide and used online. All photographers are will be harmed by this act. UK Photographer David Bailey wrote for the British Press Photographers’ Association: [...]
- How to overcome fears using Micro 4/3rds cameras in a professional environment April 24, 2012
- What am I shooting this weekend? It’s not RAW. November 3, 2012
- **UPDATE Does not charge** Olympus EM5 Battery Now Available May 2, 2012
- On Assignment with the E-M5 – Miami’s Craft Beer Invasion June 6, 2012
- Review – Olympus FL600R (with video) June 28, 2012
- The risk of moving into Hybrid Photography and the payoff May 17, 2013
- May 17, 2013 – Flickr Friday May 17, 2013
- Adobe updates camera raw support G6 and EP5 May 16, 2013
- Shooting The Camtrol Sniper 1080 KS On Assignment May 16, 2013
- It’s A Wrap, On Location With Giulio Sciorio: The Experience May 16, 2013
- Keith Hodgkinson (Zawnguy): Hi Giulio/ A very interesting and profound post.I ...
- Giulio Sciorio: Yeah its good to see people like Kirk come abord t...
- davewolanski: Kirk Tuck is saying pretty much the same thing. I ...
- Giulio Sciorio: Hi there. My gotos have been the Lumix 12-35/2.8 a...
- Dave: G - What were your "Go To" lenses for the Tracki...