Underwater housing manufacturer Ikelite has announced their new underwater housing for the Panasonic Lumix GH3. The housing, which is designed for underwater scuba diving photographers, is the first Ikelite designed case for any mirrorless camera. It shares a similar design as other Ikelite housings, but has a refined control layout to fit the GH3 better. [...]
After wrapping the hybrid advertising campaign for precision rifle maker Tracking Point in Austin, I sat down with Giulio Sciorio to talk about the 2 week photoshoot. In Part 1 of this three part interview, Giulio talks about how the commercial photography industry is starting to change and how he is staying ahead of the curve by [...]
It’s been almost a year since I launched Small Camera Big Picture. When I first had the idea for the site, I embarked on a two year commitment to transform my photography. Launching SCBP for me was an exciting new adventure, but it was also a major challenge because to do so, I had to go [...]
Happy Flickr Friday! April showers have brought May flowers. We’ve had lots of colorful Spring flower photos posted in the SCBP Flickr Group this week. We’ve got another great video to share. This creative time lapse was made by Eric Flexyourhead using the diorama art filter on the Olympus E-M5. Eric Flexyourhead Micro43 – Brad ifyouseelight.com – rwthwaites [...]
I think this is the first Camera RAW update Adobe released that supports more mirrorless cameras than DSLR’s. In fact there are no DSLRs in this release only mirrorless and medium format. Cameras supported in this release Hasselblad H5D-60 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Phase One IQ260* Pentax Ricoh GR Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G6 Panasonic [...]
While on location for a hybrid advertising campaign for precision rifle maker Tracking Point in Austin, TX, Giulio Sciorio has been using the new Camtrol Sniper 1080 KS. He’s found it to be one of the best and most versatile tools for Hybrid Photography. Using the unique control points of the Camtrol rig, Giulio can use [...]
We have finally come to the end of this Hybrid Advertising Campaign for precision rifle maker Tracking Point, where I’ve been bringing daily coverage while on location with Giulio Sciorio in Austin, TX for the past couple of weeks. The experience has been good, but it’s also been very educational for me. Wrapping the filming portion [...]
- How to overcome fears using Micro 4/3rds cameras in a professional environment April 24, 2012
- What am I shooting this weekend? It’s not RAW. November 3, 2012
- **UPDATE Does not charge** Olympus EM5 Battery Now Available May 2, 2012
- On Assignment with the E-M5 – Miami’s Craft Beer Invasion June 6, 2012
- Review – Olympus FL600R (with video) June 28, 2012
- GH3 Goes Underwater With New Housing From Ikelite May 20, 2013
- Austin Advertising Shoot Recap Part 1: “Evolution of Commercial Photography” May 20, 2013
- The risk of moving into Hybrid Photography and the payoff May 17, 2013
- May 17, 2013 – Flickr Friday May 17, 2013
- Adobe updates camera raw support G6 and EP5 May 16, 2013
- davesurber: Great post G. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It made me ...
- davesurber: Can't wait to see the footage guys! Love how G ev...
- davesurber: It's nice to see the GH3 get the pro treatment fr...
- Rob Knight: That is the Really Right Stuff grip. It ataches al...
- Rob Knight: Thanks for adding to the conversation, John! I ha...